Explore the History of the Atlantic Union Idea
- Did you know that every President of the United States from Harry S. Truman to George H.W. Bush supported the idea of transforming NATO into an Atlantic Union based on federalist principles?
- Did you know that the Atlantic Union Committee convinced the United States Congress to pass the U.S. Citizens Commission on NATO resolution which convened the Atlantic Convention of 1962?
- Did you know that the Atlantic Convention of 1962 called for the creation of a “true Atlantic Community” requiring a significant transfer of sovereignty to transatlantic institutions?
- Did you know that Atlantic Unionists in Congress were trying to create an Atlantic Union while Americans were dying for their country in Vietnam?
- Did you know that the Atlantic Union idea was a source of inspiration for NATO enlargement and the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP)?
There are literally thousands of pages documenting the Atlantic Union Movement in the United States Congress. I have condensed the history into a chronology with relevant exhibits. You are encouraged to download and share this publication. It includes links to PDF copies of House and Senate committee hearings and reports in case you want to read the full record.
Spread the word.
You can reach the author at email@example.com